The sun’s energy is continuous source of energy which is free of cost and will be free of cost always up till when the universe lasts.
- Advantages of Solar energy:-
- It is absolutely free of cost.
- Solar energy is free from any kind of environmental pollution.
- Solar energy is easily available and accessible.
- Solar power finds its application for charging batteries so that it can be used for charging batteries.
- Less maintenance is required.
Some of the applications are as follows.
Solar Grid Tied system is operated directly and supplies the power during sunshine hours. In this system, PV array system generates electricity and supply to connected load by inverting it to AC. It has no battery bank but it can run any kind of load on utility scale.
Solar Grid interactive systems supply the power to Grid. It is used for commercial purpose to gain the profit by selling of power on agreed tariff. Generally, it is not used for self-consumption or utility-scale.
Solar Pump is a pump running on electricity generated by photovoltaic panels. Voltage of the solar pump motors can be AC (alternating current) or DC (direct current).
Solar off-grid is system which consists of solar module/PV array, charge controller, Batteries and inverters. In this system, PV array system generates electricity and supply to connected load and simultaneously it charges the battery bank.
Solar PV Power System is the conversion of sunlight into electricity .This generated energy is in DC which can further be converted to AC by using solar inverter.